The role of Treasurer is crucial as it enables the PCC to plan and resource mission
The Resources Team is available to offer help to church Treasurers through the provision of training, mentoring and resources.
The areas supported include:
- Creation of the Annual Report
- Generating Receipts & Payments or Accrual accounts
- Submitting annual Return of Parish Finance form
- Joining and promoting the Parish Giving Scheme
- Recording and claiming Gift Aid
- Use of the MyFundAccounting or Finance Coordinator software packages
- Accessing the Church of England Parish Buying website
Training sessions are advertised within the weekly diocesan Bulletin.
We hope these pages will make it easier for you to be a Treasurer. If you can't find exactly what you are looking for, please look at the Talking Money and Governance matters pages within the For Parishes menu. Alternatively try out the improved website search function.
The Treasurer's Year
The following linked page provides a general guide to the Treasurer's Year. It lists the main tasks each Treasurer or PCC Finance Team needs to complete and roughly when each year these should be done.
Keep on track by clicking here for our useful guide to what a Treasurer needs to do.
It is also worth noting that the same person does not need to undertake all the tasks of a PCC Treasurer alone. They can very successfully be carried out by a team of people; for guidance contact the Resources Team.
Finance Resources Officer & Gift Aid Officer
Mission and Pastoral Officer & Information Systems Officer