Increase your gifts at no extra cost to you or your donors
Gift Aid is a generous government provision that recognises the value churches and charities bring to our society.
Worth around £90 million to the Church of England each year and over £1.5 million to Liverpool in 2017, Gift Aid makes each £10 given by eligible taxpayers worth £12.50 to the local church. It just costs a little time and some good administration. Liverpool has an excellent track record and reputation for Gift Aid expertise.
How we can help
For a brief introduction to Gift Aid and sources of further information see Basics of Gift Aid.
The Resources Team offers:
- regular training events to support Gift Aid secretaries
- advice on running your own church's Gift Aid scheme
- advice and training on the Gift Aid Small Donations Scheme (GASDS) which is worth up to £2000 a year for each church
- signposting to further Gift Aid advice.
Our Diocesan Gift Aid scheme takes much of the strain out of Gift Aid administration in the local church. Find out more by contacting the team.
Online Gift Aid Claims
HMRC expects all Gift Aid claims to be made online. You can find out more here
There is excellent and affordable software designed for churches which can simplify both recording and claiming.
Gift Aid involves serious tax payers' money so churches must be able to demonstrate that those who manage church funds are fit to do so. This really matters, so find out what it means and how to comply at the Fit & proper persons page.
HMRC regularly changes its guidance, practice and compliance requirements.
For more information and advice contact Cath Gaskell
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 705 2180.
Parish Giving Scheme
Don't forget - Just one of the many benefits of the Parish Giving Scheme is that Gift Aid is automatically claimed monthly and is in the bank account of the church by the end of the month, at no cost to the parish and with no recording or claiming of Gift Aid by the church on behalf of those in the Scheme. Find out more at the Parish Giving Scheme webpage.
Gift Aid Declarations
These Declaration forms have been approved by HMRC:
- Enduring Declaration (Word)
- Enduring Declaration (pdf)
- Single donation envelope Declaration (Word)
- Single donation envelope Declaration (pdf)
- Single donation Declaration (Word)
- Single donation Declaration (pdf)