The Diocese of Liverpool supports the efforts of the Church of England to achieve its challenging targets for Net-Zero Carbon by 2030.
The resources here aim to help you and your congregation/school/workplace along this journey to net zero. You can find more resources available on the CofE net zero carbon church landing page:
Steps to Net-Zero Carbon
You can take the following steps to getting your church or worshipping community closer to net zero carbon by:
- Your PCC proclaiming a net-zero carbon commitment.
- Your church registering to become an Eco Church.
- Your PCC completing the Energy Footprint Tool (EFT) (find guidance here) which is part of the Parish Returns system.
- Measure the carbon footprint of your church. The EFT will give you your energy footprint but to more accurately measure the carbon footprint of your church you could use this footprint tool which is recomended by Eco Church and the Church of England. This will give you a benchmark to measure progress against. The Church of England is using 2019 as the benchmark so please do still complete the EFT each year..
- A group from your church to complete the ‘Practical pathway to net zero’ survey and checklist
- Your PCC to develop a net-zero plan and then implement it and compare progres against your benchmark each year.