Pastoral Reorganisation Made Simple
From time to time parishes may need to make changes pastorally to further mission and ministry in their communities. The Pastoral Team are ready to advise and help you.
Your first point of contact is Kim Stanley.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 0151 705 2132
Types of change include:
- Boundary and name changes
- Creation of a larger single parish
- Creation of team and group ministries
- Declaring a church redundant
- Changes in the use of a church
How does it work? The pastoral team will help to formulate your proposals to be taken to your Deanery Mission and Pastoral Committee. The proposals will then be discussed and ratified by the Diocesan Mission and Pastoral Committee before a formal recommendation is made to the Bishop. This recommendation is then legalised under the Mission and Pastoral Measure 2011 and the Mission and Pastoral etc. (Amendment) Measure 2018. The procedure includes consultation.
In some cases it may be necessary to suspend presentation to your parish during this process, to review the patronage of your parish, and the use of parsonage housing.
The Mission and Pastoral Measure includes provision for the Bishop's Mission Order, whereby the Bishop can recognise existing mission initiatives or promote and authorise a fresh expression of church.
Contact the Pastoral Team
Download a guide to pastoral re-organisation.
Rev Phil Saltmarsh, Bishop’s Planning Officer
Tel: 0151 345 7371
Rev Sarah Peppiatt, Assistant Bishop's Planning Officer
Tel: 01925 569733
Graeme Pollard, Assistant Bishop's Planning Officer
Kim Stanley, Mission and Pastoral Officer
Tel: 0151 705 2132
Chris Leggett, Assistant to Mission and Pastoral Officer
Tel: 0151 705 2122
- What happens when a church building closes? Guidance for parishes
- Mission and Pastoral Measure 2011, and Code of Practice
- Bishop's Mission Order, and Code of Practice
Registry Patronage information
- Mission and Pastoral Measure 2011
- Mission and Pastoral etc. (Amendment) Measure 2018
- Patronage Benefice Measure 1986