As part of the worldwide church, we respect those of all faiths and none
Our Diocese knows we cannot work in isolation. There is a strong tradition of commitment to ecumenical working, to playing a full part in the voluntary (or third) sector, to a commitment to fair trade and world mission - the list goes on!
We have a long history of working ecumenically at Merseyside and a local level. There are seventy Local Ecumenical Partnerships and the Anglicans are involved in most of these.
Churches Together in the Merseyside Region (CTMR)
Churches Together in the Merseyside Region covers an area that encompasses the Diocese of Liverpool and parts of the Diocese of Chester.
Churches Together in the Merseyside Region has as its principal members:
- Roman Catholic Church (Archdiocese of Liverpool and Diocese of Shrewsbury)
- Church of England (Diocese of Liverpool and Diocese of Chester)
- Major Free Churches (Liverpool Methodist District, United Reformed Church Mersey Synod, North West Baptist Association, Salvation Army North Western Division)
e-mail: email@example.com tel: 0151 709 0125. Churches Together in the Merseyside Region, Quaker Meeting House, 22 School Lane, Liverpool L1 3BT.
Mission in the Economy
Mission in the Economy (MitE) is our well established interchurch body linking with industry and commerce. It aims to be a faith presence in the economic life of the North West; to encourage reflection and analysis on economic issues; to work for justice in the economy and workplace; to facilitate communication between the churches and the workplace.
The MITE is concerned with:
Quality of life in the workplace, and the unemployed; the economy and God's purposes within it; embracing Christian principles in business and the world of work; presence, people, place. Our Chaplains work in the retail, commercial and voluntary sector across Merseyside, and at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
Mission in the Economy, Quaker Meeting House, 22 School Lane, Liverpool L1 3BT.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 0151 709 6908/ 07932305963
Together for the Harvest (TFH)
Together for the Harvest is an association of churches, organisations and individuals that are working together for a spiritual harvest and social transformation. It is made up of people who have agreed to work together to see the Gospel reach every man, woman and child in the Mersey Region. Individual congregations affiliate and TFH is the local branch of the Evangelical Alliance.
We support and work with the Councils of Faiths for Warrington and Merseyside. Merseyside also has a Council of Christians & Jews
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Liverpool
- CTBI Churches Together in Britain and Ireland
- CTE Churches Together in England
- Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral - Liverpool's Roman Catholic Cathedral
- NW Baptists North West Baptist Association
- NW Quakers (Society of Friends)
- Salvation Army NW Division
- The Methodist Church of Great Britain
- United Reformed Church Mersey Synod